Question: What Transformative Experiences Will Reshape Your Decisions & Identity?
Transformative experiences are experiences that change us in a profound way, such as falling in love, becoming a parent, or undergoing a religious conversion.
Philosopher L.A. Paul argues that transformative experiences challenge traditional philosophical theories as we change through seasons. Her work has implications for a range of philosophical topics, including ethics, decision theory, and the nature of the self.
Common Transformative Experiences:
- 🤱 Becoming a parent.
- ❤️ Falling in love.
- 🎓 Graduating from school or university.
- 💔 Losing a loved one.
- 🛫 Moving to a new country or city.
- 💪 Overcoming a personal challenge, such as addiction or a phobia.
- 🏖️ Retiring from work or entering into a new phase of life.
- 💼 Starting a new career or job.
- 🏥 Surviving a life-threatening illness or accident.
- 🙏 Undergoing a religious or spiritual conversion.
How will your decision making and identity change with your next transformative experience?
The Two Types of Happiness: My Former Co-Workers Were Chasing The Opposite — Nobel Prize winner Daniel Kahneman separates being happy “in your life” from “abo ⟵
Setting Monthly Cash Flow Goals: Turn It Into a Game — It’s also odd that people tend to budget monthly but set annual income goalsThat’s brok ⟶
The Comfort Trap — Bad 🚫 Avoiding Change 🎲 Avoiding Risk ⏰ Procrastinating Good 🚀 Get Started 💰 Live Bel ⟶