Get Rich Slow: The Proven Process For Bootstrapped Entrepreneurs
Venture-backed startups optimize for momentum. A few win big. Most go to zero. That’s by design. Bootstrapped founders building digital products should optimize for durability. That means marketing first, listening second, and building third. Here’s a proven process for success:
- ❤️ Choose a group of customers you love. These are your people.
- 🌐 Spend time where they hang out online and solve their problems for free (Discord, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- 📧 Get permission to contact them over email.
- 🔧 Keep solving their problems for free over email.
- 👂 Identify their pain points by listening and spending time.
- 🛠️ Identity, build and deliver your product or service.
- 💰 Kick off an automated sales funnel to convert paying customers.
- 🏆 Capture early wins for social proof to accelerate sales velocity.
- 🔁 Repeat.
This path doesn’t work for people who are in a rush or can’t be consistent. But check out your favorite digital author, course developer, or indie hacker who grew without advertising. You’ll find that almost every single one found success with some version of this process. Diligently follow the first five steps in this process for 6-18 months before quitting your job, and you’ll be ahead of almost all the other new businesses in your space.
Plan to get rich slow and you’re more likely to get rich.
Pareto's Principle Isn't Enough: Price's Law Claims Performance Distribution Is More Extreme As Your Teams Get Bigger — Price’s Law says that 50% of the work is done by the square root of the total number of peopl ⟵
Interested In Buying A Small Business? Here Is My Initial Screening Process As A Full-Time Investor To Determine If A Business Is Worth A Second Look — Businesses have similar attributesI meet with small business owners and brokers actively selling th ⟶
Entrepreneurs, Career Switchers & Job Seekers: Make Your Industry Dealbreaker List — Here are five attributes that turn me off: 🙈 🚫 🙅♂️ 🎓 🏆 I’ve succes ⟶